Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Monday (insert sad face)

Sadly I won't have time to run today :( I don't like taking two days off in a row since it makes me feel unproductive but I've had to shuffle things around a bit. I'm volunteering tonight after work until 9pm instead of next Monday since that is the day of my Organic Chem Final. On days when I'm working 9 to 5 and volunteering from 5 to 9 it's pretty difficult to squeeze in a workout. But it's worth it! I've been volunteering at the Canadian Cancer Society Lodge That Gives and it's been such a great experience. The Lodge That Gives is a home-away-from-home for people who are receiving cancer treatments in Halifax but live outside of the city. They stay free of charge with home cooked meals and there is always an activity or show going on. There's also tons of info on different cancer types and support groups. I've met really great people who have very interesting stories to tell and really are inspiring. I am often entertained by guests and it really makes the time fly by :) The other volunteers and staff are also incredibly friendly and just great people. This will be my second summer volunteering at the Lodge and I'm hoping there will be many more to come :D
Canadian Cancer Society Logo2
Going in a totally different direction, I thought I would post a pick of the result of a little shopping trip on the weekend as it was a very interesting combination:

IMG 9615
{Our bathroom sink keep getting clogged (ew I know, sorry) and I needed a new pair of falsies! lol}

I only wear false lashes on the occasional night out but I honestly wish I could wear them all the time (although I will have to get better at applying them so they look good in daylight!). I have pretty short, blond eyelashes so adding the extra layer gives them some volume and makes them look more full. When I don't wear mascara you can barely even see them! I like these "natural" ones since it doesn't actually look like I'm wearing false lashes when I have them on. Sometimes when you're going out though it's nice to have those big/thick lashes so I might get some "glamour" ones for those occasions :P Oh and the Liquid-Plumr worked like a charm!

S

Update:

It's absolutely horrible to hear about the explosions at the Boston Marathon today. Absolutely horrific. If you'd like to read the up-to-date new coverage you can find it here. Our thoughts go out to all those that were there and their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment