Friday, April 5, 2013

A nice surprise

So I guess I have a lot of catching up to do! It has been such a busy week I haven't had any time to write up a decent post. So I'll try and make up for that today.
Took a rest day on Wednesday, the day was very hectic with class and a tutorial on top of an 8 hour work day so I didn't make it home until late. I experimented making wheat-free tortillas which turned out not to bad, not too good either though. Still tasted good but much thicker than the usual tortilla which made them a little hard to eat.

Great run yesterday evening after work. Another 6.5k/46:12 mins. It was ridiculously hot in the Y cardio room though, probably due to the sun streaming in through the windows that line the back of the gym directly behind the treadmills. Needless to say I was mopping sweat off my face left and right yesterday! Felt really good after though and shaved off a couple of seconds from my normal run.
My parents also came up the city yesterday to take Katie and I out for lunch. We were celebrating me getting my official acceptance into the Masters program in Anatomy & Neurobiology at Dal (woohoo!) and also to give Katie a break from her ridiculous Architecture school schedule. I think we will all be glad when she is done for the semester – she'll be glad to be done her work and we'll be glad to have our Katie back!

As a nice surprise my Mom took me to Lululemon after lunch for some treats! Spoiled much am I? :P I was thrilled to get another pair of Run: Inspire Crops II in Wee are from space indigo/ink well (what an awesome name), a Run: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve in pop orange (one of my fav colours) and another Cool Racerback in fresh teal. Beautiful! Thanks mom :) I've been wearing the crops around the house tonight and they are so comfortable. Can't wait to take them running.

Screen Shot 2013 04 05 at 1 53 53 PM
Screen Shot 2013 04 05 at 1 52 25 PM
Screen Shot 2013 04 05 at 1 53 13 PM

I'm working on teaching myself Dreamweaver at the moment so I can make my own website for my blog. I love doing design work so I though creating and designing my own website would be a great hobby. I'm just finding it hard to find the time. When I'm not at work, I'm at class, studying, running, cooking, doing laundry or hanging out with friends. There is not enough time in the day to do everything I want to do! It's frustrating but at least I'm keeping myself occupied. Things should settle down in the next week or two once work is less hectic, classes will be over and the nice weather (which hopefully will join us soon!) actually happens. Anyways, I will let you know once I have the website up and running. Hopefully it will turn out pretty cool :)

I'm looking forward to my run tomorrow, going to attempt 13k! And now I've got some new running gear which makes me even more excited :) Found this very cool article in the Chronicle Herald (thanks Dad) about a 75 year old man from Bedford who'll be making the trip to run the Boston Marathon on April 15. Very cool and inspiring.

Have a great weekend, I know I will.

S

Update:

Tried out the brown rice pasta I bought tonight. Tastes exactly like regular whole wheat pasta, same texture. I did it really basic tonight (it's already 8:30pm so I was looking for something quick). I added black beans, corn, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce which I mixed greek yogurt into for some protein :) With a little cheese on top (the photo makes it look way cheesier than it, sadly, actually was) and a glass of wine it was perfect! I also added some fennel which was a surprisingly nice touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment